Trust the Divine Big Picture
My son, at age 24, graduated from college and went traveling abroad for the first time. For the first 10 days, he was on a group tour in Israel (hint: tour=peace of mind for the parents). For the next three weeks, he was backpacking through the Balkan Peninsula (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, etc) with a friend.
While he was away at college we’d talk a couple of times a week.
While he was traipsing through the Peninsula we didn’t hear from him for 10 days! No, not even
I mean, what the heck!
So, what is a mom to do when their adult child is backpacking through foreign countries and she doesn’t hear from him?
Well, I found myself picturing the worst…he’d been kidnapped, sold into human trafficking, had fallen off a cliff, and the list of atrocities goes on.
Let’s just talk facts:
- We (my husband and I) genuinely had no idea where our son was.
- Everything is happening for me and is a Divine orchestration for my highest growth.
- Constantly expressing worry to my husband is NOT helpful. 😊
If you are worried about the future, listen in (or watch) as we discuss:
- How I was able to free myself of the mental movies my worry created and remember that no matter the outcome, everything is a perfect orchestration and trust the Divine Big Picture.
- A text I received from my mom (during this event) about the “burden” of children and how I’m now able to hear her words without experiencing the painful feelings they used to create.
From my heart to yours,